If this is your first visit to Hopewell, we want to say welcome!
Often times, approaching a new church can be a little intimidating. Even if you know someone at our church, the usual questions of "Where do I take my kids?" or "Where is the restroom?" or even "What should I expect?" can be overwhelming. We want to help you with those first time jitters so that you will be comfortable when you arrive and free to naturally engage and interact with our members. So, here are a few things to get your started:
Where should I park?
Here is an aerial shot of our campus:
While this may seem silly to include, we want you to get your bearings as to what to expect when you enter our buildings. This may even affect where you park. You will find four spaces directly to the side of our sanctuary steps that are labeled "First Time Visitor". Please feel free to use these spaces. However, if you need access to a wheel chair ramp, please use the lot marked on this picture with a blue "P". This is our Senior Adult and Handicapped parking area. We offer a ramp to acces the side entrance of our sanctuary.
Where do I take my children?
If you are coming for the worship service at 11 AM, your children ages 3 and up will come with you into the sanctuary, Building A. After the musical portion of our worship service, children from 3 years old through 2nd grade will be dismissed for children's church, which meets in our children's wing downstairs in Building B. For all other services and nursery, see below:
- Nursery - We offer nursery for birth to 2 years of age for all of our weekly worship times. By taking the sidewalk to our education building (this is building "B"), you can find easy access to our nursery. It is located on the hallway through the entry doors to the right.
- Children's Sunday School - All of our children's Sunday School classes meet downstairs in Buliding B. This is our education building. You can take the sidewalk to the right of our sanctuary into Building B and the stairway to our Children's area is directly in front of you. Our classes are divided by age and there are placards by the doors indicating which classes meet where.
- Sunday PM - On Sunday nights, our children participate in KAMP, led by Lynn Greer and Chuck Hayes. They meet from 6:30-7:30
- Wednesday PM - Our families worship together in our family life center (building "C"). All ages are invited to join us for fellowship at 6:30 and music and teaching at 7.
What should I expect when I arrive?
We want everyone who comes to Hopewell for any of our services or events to be comfortable and to feel welcome. We know that this can be an intimidating time, especially if you do not know anyone here. We don't have a dress code and we don't have rules that you must follow. Here are a few keys to help you get acquainted with our Bible study times:
- Sunday School: We have a variety of classes that meet at 10 am on Sunday morning from Preschool through senior adults. Each class is designed to allow you to engage other people and the Bible at the same time. We offer a College and Career Class, two mixed couples classes, and a class that features some of our older ladies. We want you to be comfortable and take the time to visit each class to find the best fit for you!
- Sunday Worship: Figuring out the routine of some churches can be tricky. We open with prayer and we close with prayer. Everything in between is designed to help you worship God as an individual and participate in the community of worship. We sing traditional hymns and we sing newer praise and worship songs. Sometimes we just use the piano and sometimes we have guitars and percussion. Our pastor preaches the Word of God. His goal is to help you understand, not only what is on the page of Scripture, but also why it is important for your life today. We take an offering every Sunday, but all we ask of you is to let us know that you were present. This can easily be done by taking a moment to fill out the visitor information tear off sheet in your bulletin. An usher should be ready to greet you when you first arrive to our sanctuary.
- Sunday Night: Join us at 6:30 PM for a time of Bible study. Children will gather for KAMP in building "C." Youth will meet upstairs in building "B." Adults will meet in the sanctuary (building "A"). Children and youth will each have a time to hang out and have fun followed by a Bible study. Adults will have a time of singing followed by prayer and Bible study.
- Wednesday Night: We value family worship time, so we have created a special time in our midweek Bible studies to worship as a family. It is informal, but it is engaging. You will be welcomed with a smile and given a chance to praise God and hear His Word.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call the church office at 864.226.2905 or email our staff. We hope to see you at Hopewell soon!